Do the 2016 Toyota Highlander Standard Features Offer Everything Drivers Want?
As drivers in the market for an SUV compare the latest models, they may wonder what the 2016 Toyota Highlander standard features include. Will consumers get the amenities they’re looking for onboard the Highlander, or does a competing vehicle like the popular 2016 Honda Pilot deliver more for the money?
Come along with us as we explore the standard offerings of these vehicles side by side and reveal which one offers the most value for the price. Will the winner surprise you?
In terms of cost, the Highlander weighs in slightly more expensive than the Honda Pilot at the base-model level. The bigger difference comes into play when comparing the standard features offered for that starting price.
But, first, the financial stats. Here is how the 2016 Pilot lineup shapes up:
- Honda Pilot LX: $30,145 MSRP (for 2WD 6AT models)*
- Honda Pilot EX: $32,580 MSRP (for 2WD 6AT models)*
- Honda Pilot EX-L: $36,055 MSRP (for 2WD 6AT models)*
- Honda Pilot Touring: $41,170 MSRP (for 2WD models)*
- Honda Pilot Elite: $46,570 MSRP*
The Highlander lineup includes the following models and prices:
- Toyota Highlander LE: Pricing begins at $30,490 MSRP
- Toyota Highlander LE Plus: Pricing begins at $34,395 MSRP
- Toyota Highlander XLE: Pricing begins at $37,315 MSRP
- Toyota Highlander Limited: Pricing begins at $40,915 MSRP
Value for the Money
When it comes to amenities, once again the Pilot comes out on top.
Various features come standard in the Honda Pilot for the base price that the base-model Highlander does not offer. Included among them, the Pilot features standard front active head restraints and push-button start.
The Pilot further includes many available amenities that the Highlander doesn’t offer, such as:
- Remote vehicle starting system (Pilot EX, EX-L, Touring, and Elite trims)
- Parking sensors (Pilot Touring and Elite models)
- Automatic rain-sensing windshield wipers (Pilot Elite)
Take the Pilot for a Test Run
Drivers can further explore the exceptional amenities found in the 2016 Honda Pilot at any Central Illinois Honda Dealers location. Visit any of our affiliated dealerships or contact us today to learn more about the Pilot’s offerings and to take this outstanding SUV for a test drive.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $900.00 destination charge, and options. Dealers set their own prices.