2019 Honda Odyssey vs. 2019 Toyota Sienna
Minivan drivers can’t get away from comparing 2019 Honda Odyssey vs. 2019 Toyota Sienna. These are the industry’s top minivans, so we thought we’d compare their top trim levels: the Honda Odyssey Elite and Toyota Sienna Limited Premium.
The Honda Odyssey Elite immediately earns points being priced at $46,970* vs. at least $47,530 with the Toyota Sienna Limited Premium, and that’s far from the only advantage.
Minivans are family favorites, so it’s vital they do exceptionally well during industry crash testing. Looking at the NHTSA, the Honda Odyssey comes out just ahead of the Toyota Sienna:
- NHTSA**: Only the Honda earned 5 stars for Front Passenger Side and Overall Front Star Rating.
The Honda even carries safety technology entirely unavailable with the Toyota Sienna, including an advanced Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM).
The Car Connection calls the Honda Odyssey, “spacious and versatile and one of our picks in the class.”
Look at either cargo space or passenger space and you’ll understand how cramped the Toyota Sienna can feel in contrast.
- Cargo Space Behind the 2nd Row: Up to 92 cubic feet in the Honda vs. just 87.1 in the Toyota.
- Cargo Space Behind the 1st Row: Up to 158 cubic feet in the Honda vs. just 150 in the Toyota.
- 1st Row Legroom: Up to 40.9 inches in the Honda vs. 40.5 in the Toyota.
- 2nd Row Legroom: Up to 40.9 inches in the Honda vs. 37.6 in the Toyota.
- 3rd Row Legroom: Up to 38.1 inches in the Honda vs. 36.3 in the Toyota.
Not content offering more family-friendly dimensions than the Toyota Sienna, the Honda Odyssey also offers several exclusive family-friendly features:
- CabinTalk™ In-Car PA System
- CabinWatch® Rear Seat Monitor
- Android Auto
Drivers Don’t Understand Why the Honda Odyssey Price is Lower than the Toyota Sienna Price
Offering greater space, more features, and higher safety ratings, the Honda Odyssey Elite is truly exceptional. Visit your local Central Illinois Honda dealer or contact us directly to explore special offers and financing options.
**Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov