Does the 2016 Ford Explorer Price Buy What You’re Looking for?
In perusing the available vehicles within the crossover and SUV market, consumers will want to know how the 2016 Ford Explorer’s price measures up against rival vehicles—and what that price actually buys in terms of amenities. Does a competing vehicle like the 2016 Honda Pilot offer more for the money?
Keep reading, and we’ll compare what these two nameplates cost and what each offers in the area of amenities.
The 2016 Pilot lineup includes the following trims and prices:
- Honda Pilot LX, MSRP $30,145 (for the 2WD 6AT model)*
- Honda Pilot EX, MSRP $32,580 (for the 2WD 6AT model)*
- Honda Pilot EX-L, MSRP $36,055 (for the 2WD 6AT model)*
- Honda Pilot Touring, MSRP $41,170 (for the 2WD model)*
- Honda Pilot Elite, MSRP $46,570*
The 2016 Explorer trims and prices include:
- Explorer base model, MSRP beginning at $31,050
- Explorer XLT, MSRP beginning at $33,400
- Explorer Limited, MSRP beginning at $41,300
- Explorer Sport, MSRP beginning at $43,500
- Explorer Platinum, MSRP beginning at $52,970
What Drivers Get for the Money
In terms of features, the Pilot and Explorer models offer various amenities in common, including a rearview camera, hill start assist, brake assist, tire pressure monitoring system, steering wheel–mounted controls, multi-function remote, a third-row split bench seat, MP3 player, vehicle theft-deterrent system, power side mirrors, and privacy glass.
There are also features offered onboard the Pilot models that the Explorer trims do not have, including:
- Active head restraints
- Second-row head restraints
- Third-row head restraints
- Armrest storage
The Pilot also exceeds the Explorer in terms of cargo space, offering up to 109.2 cubic feet of cargo capacity compared to just 81.7 cubic feet in the Explorer.
The Pilot further offers greater passenger room, with seating for up to eight passengers while the Explorer only seats seven, and offering up to 153.1 cubic feet of passenger volume compared to only 151.6 cubic feet in the Explorer.
Take a Closer Look
Drivers can further explore the outstanding 2016 Honda Pilot in person at any Central Illinois Honda Dealers location. Visit or contact one of our affiliated dealerships today to take a test drive onboard this outstanding SUV and see what it has to offer over the Ford Explorer price.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $900.00 destination charge, and options. Dealers set their own prices.