Narrowing the Field to Find the Best Subcompact Hatchback
The market for subcompact hatchbacks is really burgeoning among American consumers, and with that surge in popularity has come an influx of competing models. With so many choices, narrowing the field to find the best subcompact hatchback can be challenging.
To help you make that key decision between the many rivaling hatchbacks in the marketplace, we’ve conducted a comparison among four leading models:
Keep reading as we examine how these vehicles compare in various key areas. As you’re about to see, one model in particular rises to the top as the cream of the crop among its competitors.
Consumers consider many factors when deciding on a vehicle purchase. Here, we examine a few of the most important ones and how these subcompact hatchbacks measure up.
Fuel efficiency is one area of great importance to car shoppers. When it comes to EPA-estimated fuel economy, this is how the Fit, the Versa Note, the Rio 5-Door, and the Yaris rank at the base-model level:
- Honda Fit LX with CVT: 33 city mpg, 40 highway mpg*
- Toyota Yaris L 5-Door 4AT: 30 city mpg, 36 highway mpg
- Kia Rio 5-Door LX: 27 city mpg, 37 highway mpg
- Nissan Versa Note S Plus: 27 city mpg, 36 highway mpg
Subcompact vehicles are made to maneuver easily and fit into tight spaces on the outside, but it’s important to passengers that roominess is abundant on the inside. In terms of standard passenger space, this is how these four popular subcompact hatchbacks measure up:
- 2017 Honda Fit: 95.7 cubic feet of passenger volume
- 2016 Nissan Versa Note: 94.1 cubic feet of passenger volume
- 2016 Kia Rio 5-Door: 88.4 cubic feet of passenger volume
- 2016 Toyota Yaris: 85.1 cubic feet of passenger volume
When it comes to standard maximum cargo room, these models rank this way:
- Honda Fit: 52.7 cubic feet of cargo space
- Kia Rio 5-Door: 49.8 cubic feet of cargo space
- Nissan Versa Note: 38.3 cubic feet of cargo space
- Toyota Yaris: 15.6 cubic feet of cargo space
Ready to Ride?
As you can see, one vehicle stands out above the crowd in key areas that matter most to consumers, and that vehicle is the 2017 Honda Fit. If you’re ready to explore the features of the Honda Fit in person and try out this impressive subcompact hatchback for yourself, the team members at Central Illinois Honda Dealers are here to help you! Stop by any of our affiliated dealerships or contact us today to take the Fit for an unforgettable test drive!
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.