Does the Honda CR-V Have Third-Row Seating?
- No, Honda CR-V 3rd row seating does not exist.
The Honda CR-V has how many seats?
- The CR-V has two rows of seating.
- The seating capacity is 5 people.
Honda Models with 3rd Row Seating:
- Honda Pilot – seating up to 8 people
- Honda Odyssey – seating up to 8 people
Keep reading to find out how the Pilot and Odyssey can provide the passenger and cargo room that you need.
The Honda CR-V has almost everything that a person could want, but if you’re looking for a vehicle with third-row seating, then you’ll have to widen your search. The CR-V’s seating capacity maxes out at five passengers across two-rows of seating.
Luckily for our friends and neighbors in Central Illinois, celebrated Honda models like the Honda Pilot and Odyssey have the seating capacity and cargo space you’ll need to accommodate the entire family!
Regarding the 2020 Pilot– those at Car and Driver have written:
“The Pilot has a downright cavernous cargo area and loads of useful interior cubbies. It’s among the roomiest SUVs in its class..”
Exploring the Honda Pilot Seating & Cargo Space
- 3-Rows of Seating
- 15.9 inches longer than the CR-V
- Standard Seating Capacity of 8 People
- Seating Capacity of 7 People with 2nd-Row Captains Chairs
The generously apportioned 2020 Pilot offers various seating and cargo configurations throughout its range of trims, configurations, and three rows of seating
- The Pilot’s LX and EX trim levels offer 152.9 cu. ft. of passenger space, with 2nd-row bench seat.
- The Pilot’s EX-L and Touring trim levels offer 151.7 cu. ft. of passenger space, with 2nd-row bench seat.
- The Pilot’s Touring, Elite, and Black Edition trim levels offer 153.1 cu. ft. of passenger space, with 2nd-row captain chairs. The Touring trim comes standard with a 2nd-row bench seat, captain chairs are an option.
- Going from the 2nd-row bench to captain chairs decreases seating capacity from 8 people to 7 people.
In regards to cargo space, the 2020 Honda Pilot LX with 2nd-row bench seat offers:
- 18.5 cu. ft. behind its third-row seat
- 55.9 cu. ft behind the second-row seating.
- 109.0 cu. ft. behind the first row of seating
Exploring the Honda Odyssey Seating & Cargo Space
- 3-Rows of Seating
- 22.6 inches longer than the CR-V
- Seating Capacity of 7 People in LX trim level
- Seating Capacity of 8 People in all other trim levels
- Not available with AWD
If you aren’t set on a Honda crossover, the Odyssey is a compelling option for those that require a vehicle that focuses on family first and three rows of seating. In addition to the innovative technology and convenience features that can be found throughout this minivan, the Odyssey is not stingy when it comes to interior space.
Right from the start, the Odyssey offers fold-flat second and third-row seating, allowing for seating of up to 7 people.
In its EX trim level and up, a Multi-Function Second-Row Center Seat makes it easy to travel with 8 people.
- The Odyssey’s LX trim level offers 163.6 cu. ft. of passenger space.
- The Odyssey’s EX trim level offers 163.6 cu. ft. of passenger space, with a Magic Slide®, Multi-Function Second-Row Center Seat.
- The Odyssey’s EX-L and higher trim levels offer 160.1 cu. ft. of passenger space, with a Magic Slide®, Multi-Function Second-Row Center Seat and Leather-Trimmed Seats (front and outboard 2nd-row).
In regards to cargo space, the 2020 Honda Odyssey LX offers:
- 38.6 cu. ft. behind its third-row seat
- 92.0 cu. ft behind the second-row seating.
- 158.0 cu. ft. behind the first row of seating
Test Drive a 3-Row Honda Model Today!
The Honda CR-V may not offer third-row seating, but drivers in Central Illinois still have plenty of reasons to get excited about Honda’s lineup. Stop into one of our easy-to-reach dealership locations to experience the seating capacities and storage spaces of the Honda Pilot and the Honda Odyssey, today. If you haven’t already, be sure to explore our leasing specials and current offers before you visit!