Performance Features in the 2017 Honda Ridgeline
- Engine Power – First of all, let’s talk about engine power. The Ridgeline runs on a 3.5L V6 aluminum-alloy engine with variable cylinder management and a 24-valve SOHC i-VTEC valvetrain, which churns out an unbelievable 280 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque. In a track test performed by Car & Driver, this power propelled the Ridgeline from 0 to 60 mph more than a second quicker than the Toyota Tacoma and a second quicker than the Chevy Colorado.
- Towing Power – At the same time, this translates into truly epic towing capacity as well: Indeed, you can expect as much as 5,000 pounds of towing power—enough to ensure that you’re able to lug heavy loads off to camp, up to the city, or just around town.
- Efficiency – Yet there’s still more: The Ridgeline comes equipped with either two-wheel drive or all-wheel drive. Outfitted with 2WD, the Ridgeline gets an EPA-estimated 19 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway,* while all-wheel drive models achieve an EPA-estimated 18 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway.*
– Likewise, the Ridgeline is outfitted with a broad spectrum of driver-assist programs, including all of the following (and this is just a start):
- Active Noise Cancellation – Next time you’re barreling down the highway at full speed, you can rely on the Ridgeline’s active noise cancellation system to ensure that your music remains as crisp and clear as ever.
- Hill Start Assist – With its Hill Start Assist system, the Ridgeline enables you to start up the truck easily and safely whenever you’re on an incline or a decline by locking the brakes when you turn the engine on.
- Eco Assist – Basically, Eco Assist allows you to improve on your fuel economy even more by giving you increased control over the performance of the engine and the climate control system, as well as the cruise control device. Simply by pressing its ECON button, you can turn the system on or off, and you can depend on an ambient meter to get quick reads on your efficiency.
- Remote Engine Start – Last but not least, the Ridgeline’s remote engine start system makes it possible to turn the truck on and preheat or cool the cabin from a distance using a remote device.
Active Safety Features – Finally, the Ridgeline also gives drivers a full gamut of active safety features, including the following:
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control, which allows you to remain as stable as possible at high speeds.
- A Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines, which gives you a second pair of eyes and keeps you more aware of your surroundings while you drive.
- Forward Collision Warning, which makes it possible for you to identify threats of collision and avert them before it’s too late.
Test Drive the Ridgeline Today!
You don’t have to just take our word for this. Test drive this remarkable truck at Central Illinois Honda Dealers today, or get in touch using our online form. We look forward to introducing you to the top-notch performance of the 2017 Honda Ridgeline!
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.