Honda Safety Ratings Set New Standards for the Auto Industry
Honda has earned a sterling reputation for safety across its entire range. All it takes is a quick look at current Honda safety ratings to see their fruit of the labor, and all it takes is a test drive to experience the perfect peace of mind that comes with Honda vehicles.
Read on to explore
- Honda Sensing Safety Technology
- IIHS Safety Awards
- NHTSA Safety Scores
Honda Sensing Safety Technology
The key to Honda safety is a commitment to top-tier driver assistance technology, which is why the Honda Sensing® suite of advanced features is now standard with many models and available with all.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) with Forward Collision Warning
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
IIHS Safety Awards
The IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) make it harder each year to bring home one of their coveted safety awards, and yet Honda models continue to do just that.
Here’s how the latest lineup performed:
- 2019 Honda Insight: Top Safety Pick+
- 2019 Honda Accord: Top Safety Pick
- 2019 Honda CR-V: Top Safety Pick
- 2019 Honda Pilot: Top Safety Pick
- 2019 Honda Odyssey: Top Safety Pick
All models fitted with Honda Sensing® technology were rated Superior in the IIHS Frontal Collision Protection segment, save the untested Honda HR-V.
Honda NHTSA Safety Ratings
The NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) is responsible for crash-testing all major vehicles produced for American drivers. Each model is put through a battery of crash tests and awarded an overall score out of 5.
As you can tell, Honda fared exceptionally well:
- 2019 Honda Fit: 5-stars*
- 2019 Honda Civic Coupe: 5-stars*
- 2019 Honda Civic Sedan: 5-stars*
- 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback: 5-stars*
- 2019 Honda Insight: 5-stars*
- 2019 Honda Accord: 5-stars*
- 2019 Honda HR-V: 5-stars*
- 2018 Honda CR-V: 5-stars*
- 2019 Honda Ridgeline: 5-stars*
- 2018 Honda Pilot: 5-stars*
- 2019 Honda Pilot: 5-stars*
- 2019 Honda Odyssey: 5-stars*
Honda Models Continue to Attract Praise for Cutting-Edge Safety
Any driver who holds safety as a paramount concern will naturally be attracted to the Honda lineup. Visit your local Central Illinois Honda dealer to explore anything from Honda hybrids to Honda AWD models, or contact us directly for the latest special offers.
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov.